No matter what your field of work or your scope of action are, a well-designed and accessible website is essential to achieve the goals of your organisation. In this two-session workshop, you will become familiar with some basic principles of website development that will help you create or improve your institutional website. We will particularly explore the functionalities offered by WordPress and how to customize them according to particular purposes such as awareness campaigns, fundraising and promotion of your activities. Don’t forget to bring your laptop and be ready to share your ideas and experience with us.
- Setting up your site: objectives, general structure, target audience
- Finding a host and defining your domain
- Understanding WordPress: What is it? How does it work?
- Customising templates: layout, colours, plugins
- Content: discourse and images
- Further development: responsive design
- SEO: making people find you
First session: February 15, 2016: 9:30-12:00
Second session: February 22, 2016: 9:30-13:00
Mundo B – Rue d’Edimbourg 26, Brussels 1050 – Belgium
Price: 120 euros
For registration, please complete the registration form and send it to email@example.com before Monday 8 February, 2016. As our places are limited, we highly recommend to register early.